Tuesday, 16 July 2013

A Plotozotian from the planet Plotozotia

I have three sisters. 
 
Most sisters would try and convince their little sister that she was adopted.  Not us.  We told ours that she was an alien.  A Plotozotian from the planet Plotozotia to be exact.  She had crash landed on our roof and we had stolen her flying boots so she couldn't get home.
 
Mum and Dad had decided to keep her.
 
We were mean.  In all seriousness though - I totally blame my older sister and if anyone asks it was all her idea and I egged her on in no way whatsoever.
 
I was the Maid of Honour at my little sisters wedding so of course I was obliged to give a speech and tell all the stories. This of course included the story of the Plotozotian.
 
And then we gave her back her flying boots. 
 
I wish I had taken a picture of those darn flying boots - they were pretty.  Imagine something like this with added glitter and wings.


My husband found this on Pinterest and it reminded me of that story again.

Source

So this is for you Robyn - proof we aren't the only cruel sisters.

Some of you may know our little Plotozotian she blogs over at Slightly More Depth than a Teaspoon.

Linking up with Jess today because it's totally Tuesday again already and how in the world did that happen?

PS - If things are a little cricket chirping quiet around here for the next couple of weeks - apologies in advance.  Our little performing arts society is gearing up for a show in about 3 weeks, so my free time has become pretty much non-existent.

13 comments:

  1. Oh that's awesome, my sister and I used to tell the youngest one that we were faeries from Santa placed in the family to ensure she was being good and would make her clean our rooms or we'd call Santa and she'd get nothing but coal. It worked for ages until mum caught us dialling Santa on the car window crank (the knobs on the end would turn and we pretended that was our way of calling him). I think being mean is just part of being a sister ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - brilliant! I love that she was cleaning your rooms.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha that's funny, I'm the eldest of 4 kids (2 sisters) and I don't remember telling them anything like that!!!! Wish I had now!!!

    I didn't know Robyn was your sister - what a small world. And how wonderful to have a rellie who also blogs - mine all think I'm very strange, they so don't get this blogging thing. So who blogged first - you or her?

    Visiting from #TeamIBOT xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have someone close by that blogs too and "gets it" when you talk about blogging/bloggers.

      I blogged for a while before I got married and then gave it away. Robyn started not long after that and I've just picked it up again this year.

      Delete
  3. Glad to know I'm not the only one - I used to tell my little sister that there were invisible crocodiles all over the floor, waiting to eat her, she would cry and refuse to get off the couch for hours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems I have lots of company!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the show - LOVE this blog :) All hail the plotozotians! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely - we have missed having you around for this show :(

      All hail the Plotozotians indeed!

      Delete
  5. How cool that your sister blogs too? Does it get competitive? And I have two sisters and we used take turns being mean to one, but we were young, now we're all besties, I'm so lucky, wish my girl had a sis :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't competitve - we have pretty different styles (I think?) and yes we are all very good friends now too.

      Delete
  6. Oh poor Robyn!! That's hilarious :)
    I was the youngest so I got the being adopted story. Love Emily and Zooey. Both awesome actresses

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have the shoes! They are tucked up in a cupboard somewhere waiting for Georgie's feet to grow :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they tickle my feet like clover. I may not reply to every comment but I appreciate them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips