Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Only more...

It's funny how one day you wake up and that girl you used to be, the one you were as a child and a teenager and a twenty something whose life was messy and ugly and joyful and glorious and hilarious and beautiful and dramatic(!) and awkward and lonesome and boring and thunder and lightning and terrifying and full by turns is left behind and suddenly you're this other person.

This other person that is more you than ever before and is the sum of the messy and ugly and joyful and glorious and hilarious and beautiful and dramatic(!) and awkward and lonesome and boring and thunder and lightning and terrifying and full remains. 

And sometimes you just wish that you could go back and give yourself a hug and tell yourself...

That you will have friends, some of the best and forever kind and some that will drift in and out of your life (and that's ok) and yes people do like you (not just the ones that are family) - go figure? 

That you will make mistakes and that's ok.  Some of them you will regret but some of them have made you the person you are today who is more compassionate and understanding and less judgemental. 

That what you are going through, while sometimes more than you feel you can bear, is temporary and it will be ok and you will come out the other side and when you do hey you'll be a wife and isn't life crazy?


That one day you'll have a husband and House O' Dreams (though not like Anne's) and you'll build a little life together.  And guess what?  It's still messy and ugly and joyful and glorious and hilarious and beautiful and dramatic (cringe) and awkward and lonesome and boring and thunder and lightning and terrifying and full by turns and some day soon, probably before you know it another 10 years will have flown by and you'll be this other person again that's still you only more. 

 Linking up with Jess today because it's Tuesday.

14 comments:

  1. It sounds like your quest to add more colour to your life is well and truly underway. It can really be amazing that we just potter through life and all its ups and downs and wake up one day and think, OMG I've really changed. I'm becoming a new person and I like it! Best of luck for the rest of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee - you are right sometimes you don't realise how far you've come until you look at where you've been.

      Delete
  2. Oh the things we could tell ourselves if only it were possible! Great reflective post :)
    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is full of ups and downs, surprises and disappointments. And think about how much wiser we grow through it all x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all part of the living experience isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this. So beautifully written. I'm definitely not who I thought I would be,but like you said, I'm still me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jess! You just made my day again :)

      Delete
  6. Yup, it's amazing how we change ... but not really. Each decade flies past and I'm still the 8 year old girl i was, yet i'm also the almost 50 year old who is still learning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Liz - such beautiful colour and warmth in your writing. I'm 45 today so I'm doing a little of the 'where has that person gone' thinking too - you have to love change and growth, even when it comes with (aghh) middle-age and wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never knock back a compliment saying my writing is beautiful - thanks Kathy.

      Delete
  8. I am SO inspired by this I reckon I'm gonna blog on it!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam - I look forward to reading it!

      Delete
  9. LOVE this line: 'before you know it another 10 years will have flown by and you'll be this other person again that's still you only more'.

    LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they tickle my feet like clover. I may not reply to every comment but I appreciate them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips